#GivingTuesday is a global day of giving fueled by the power of social media and collaboration. Celebrated on the Tuesday following Thanksgiving (in the U.S.) and the widely recognized shopping events Black Friday and Cyber Monday, #GivingTuesday kicks off the charitable season, when many focus on their holiday and end-of-year giving. As you consider your charitable donations this #GivingTuesday, please help us save childrens’ lives by donating to EndDD.org to end distracted driving.
Why distracted driving?
- More of our children will be killed or injured as a result of distracted driving than drunk driving.
What has EndDD.org accomplished?
- Created science–based distracted driving presentations, when there were none
- Amassed a network of 500 speakers, the largest in the country
- Given talks to nearly 475,000 students nantion-wide, all without cost to schools
- Created a bystander intervention program to teach teens how to effectively speak up when driven distracted by others
- Provided educational materials for free, including safe driving agreements, quizzes and surveys
- Developed video public service announcements
- Sponsored teen distracted driving video and meme contests
- Designed presentations for parents to help them model distraction-free driving for their children
What will your #GivingTuesday donation help EndDD.org do?
- Reach even more students
- Develop elementary and middle school programs
- Expand existing contests that empower students to create solutions for distracted driving